The list takes travellers with a quest for journeys of discovery across the country, from the highlands in the north to the secluded coastline in the south.
Based on the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, as of 29 August 2013, Phang Nga Bay in Southern of Thailand earns the top spot on the list. The national park is famous for its spectacular crystal clear water, limestone cliffs and secluded bays.
Chiang Mai’s Doi Inthanon National Park, the highest mountain in Thailand, holds the second spot. With cascading waterfalls, rivers and lush summit forests, the mountains are also home to the Meo and Karen hill tribes as well as a rare variety of indigenous and migrant birds.
The third top belongs to Khao Sok National Park. The virgin forest was established as a national park in 1980. Its poised limestone mountains resemble those in Guilin, China resulting in the local nickname of “Thailand’s Guilin”.
The top 10 National Parks in Thailand are as follows:
- Phang Nga Bay, Phang Nga
- Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai
- Khao Sok National Park, Surat Thanikhao-sok-national-park
- Erawan National Park, Kanchanaburi
- Angthong National Marine Park, Koh Samui, Surat Thani
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Similan Islands National Park, Phang Nga
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park, Chiang Mai
- Kao Yai National Park, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Sai Yok National Park, Kanchanaburi
“The National Parks of Thailand provide a myriad of activities from climbing a mountain, white water rafting down a river to simply relaxing on a beach, these beautiful parks never disappoint,” said Jean Ow-Yeong, TripAdvisor spokesperson.