Prosecutors have officially withdrawn the appeal against the North Jakarta District Court’s two-year verdict imposed on non-active Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama for blasphemy, The Jakarta Post Online reported on Thursday.
North Jakarta District Court spokesman said that the court had received the prosecutors’ withdrawal request on June 6.
A source from Ahok’s legal team said that the lawyers had received a written notice about the withdrawal on Thursday morning.
Previously, Attorney-General HM Prasetyo said that the prosecutors would withdraw the appeal because Ahok had decided not to take further legal process to challenge the verdict.
“Ahok has accepted the verdict. Let’s not only focus on one case. There are a lot of cases that we need to pay attention to,” Prasetyo reportedly said on Wednesday.