Police chief vows to look into complaint about Kanchanaburi police’s alleged misconduct

Two Kanchanaburi police officers might be temporarily moved out of the province if a complaint over their alleged misconducts in handling the 30-million-baht First Prize lottery dispute has grounds, said national police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda.

Pol Gen Chakthip said Thursday (Dec 14) that the Royal Thai Police had already assigned the Crime Suppression Division to help the Kanchanaburi police in the investigation in order to clear up the issue in a manner which is fair to all parties involved.

Regarding the complaint against alleged misconducts of two senior police officers in handling with the case, Pol Gen Chakthip said if there were evidence of any improper conduct by two senior police officers in Kanchanaburi as alleged by one of the two parties in the conflict, he would have them moved out of the province immediately.

Pol Lt Charoon Wimon, a retired police officer, and his lawyer, earlier lodged a petition with the Royal Thai Police, accusing the two officers of being impartial in their handling of the lottery case.  

Pol Lt Charoon lodged complaint against two Kanchanaburi police officers on Dec 13.

They alleged that one of the officers invited Pol Lt Charoon to his house to mediate the conflict with a suggestion that the latter split the 30 million baht prize money with the Preecha Kraikruan, a schoolteacher who also claimed to be the real owner of the lottery tickets but he lost them.

Another officer was accused of asking the bank to freeze Pol Lt Charoon’s bank account with the 30 million baht prize money, claiming that the police action was not right because the case is not over yet.