Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth Thavornsiri, spokesman of the Royal National Police Office, tweeted that the bounty was offered by Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuang.
Police have launched a manhunt for a foreign-looking man suspected to be the bomber after he was seen in video footages of leaving his backpack at the Erawan Shrine on Monday night and then left the scene before the explosion.
Meanwhile, Colonel Winthai Suvaree, spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order, announced in a nationwide TV broadcast Wednesday morning, quoting police report, that investigation into the bombing case was progressing satisfactorily.
Overall, he said that the situation has returned to normal and people can pursue their normal lives as usual. Officials of the Justice, Tourism and Sports and Social Development and Human Security ministries have been attending to the injured and providing compensation to the victims or their families, he added.
As for public safety, Colonel Winthai said security had been stepped up with checkpoints set up at various spots in Bangkok and security forces on patrol to provide security to tourists, especially Chinese.
— Pol.Lt.Gen.Dr.Prawut (@Dr_Prawut) August 19, 2015