Krabi massacre investigators give weight on conflict in rock-grinding business

Police teams have been deployed to many spots in Krabi, Trang and Ranong provinces to investigate and look for more evidence in connection with the execution-style killings of eight people in Krabi’s Ao Luek district on July 10.

The investigation is being focused on perpetrators, vehicles used in the killings and people who may be the mastermind.

Pol Gen Chaktip Chaijinda, the national police chief, on Friday (July 14) said in an interview that police investigators had raised six or seven possible motives of the murders.

He said the investigators gave much weight on a conflict on a rock-grinding plant project. A team of investigators had been despatched to Trang province after it was learned that a person who submitted a request of a rock-grinding concession was from the province.

Gen Chakthip confirmed that no suspects had been arrested. Only witnesses were invited for questioning, he added.

Pol Gen Suchart Thirasawat, an adviser of the Royal Thai Police, said the investigators had acquired a number of evidence, particularly on vehicles used in the killings and a car of Vorayut Sanglang, one of the eight victims, which was stolen.

He did not elaborate, saying only that the vehicles used in the killings were still in areas around Krabi province.