DSI will search Wat Dhammakaya again tomorrow

The Department of Special Investigation will conduct the second search of Wat Dhammakaya tomorrow – this time focusing on Zone B and Zone C – after a thorough search of Zone A on Thursday which failed to locate Phra Thepyarn Mahamunee or Phra Dhammachayo.

Pol Maj Woranan Srilum, deputy spokesman of the DSI, said Thursday that Zone B covers all foundations associated with Wat Dhammakaya such as the 100th anniversary building and the Monk’s building while Zone C comprises the rest of the land belonging to the temple.

Altogether 4,240 DSI officials, police and army troops took part in the operation to search the temple to search for Dhammachayo and to prevent the monk’s followers from getting into the temple.

Pol Maj Woranan admitted that only 15-20 percent of more than 2,000 rai of land belonging to Wat Dhammakaya were searched on Thursday, leaving behind 80 percent of the land which are yet to be searched.

No timeframe has been set about when the search will be completed, he said, adding, however, that the search Thursday went on rather smoothly without any untoward incidents or obstruction of the work of the officials by followers of the temple.

Asked about Phra Dhammachayo, he said he could not say for sure whether the former abbot is still in the temple or not.

Although most of the forces have been withdrawn back to bases, several officials remain positioned outside the temple to prevent unauthorized outsiders from getting in.