The petition was submitted by former natural resources and environment minister Praphat Panyachartrak, Mr Apichai Chavacharoenpant, former director-general of Pollution Control Department and five former officials responsible for the contract between the department and the consortium.
The seven plaintiffs told the Central Administrative Court that they lost the case to the NVPSKG because the arbitrary committee, the Central Administrative and the Supreme Administrative Court did not take into consideration the verdict of the Dusit district court which ruled the consortium guilty of withholding the fact that one key company, Northwest Water International, had pulled out of the consortium.
The Dusit district court also ruled the consortium guilty of fraud in connection with the acquisition of 1,900 rai of land for the waste water treatment facility in Bangbo district of Samut Prakan.
So far, the Pollution Control Department has already paid the consortium 4 billion baht as ordered by the Supreme Administrative Court. However, the department still owes the consortium about 6 billion baht which is to be paid in two instalments on May 21 and November 21 respectively.
Mr Praphat told the court that he and his six colleagues might be affected by the Supreme Administrative Court’s ruling and would like the case to be retried.