The Fourth Army Region has asked the management of Big C chain department store in Pattani to remain closed until June 1 for repairs and renovation of the damaged property and for an overhaul of security system at the premise.
A car bomb, believed planted by southern militants, went off at the parking lot of the store on Tuesday, injuring more than 60 shoppers, most of them Muslims.
Colonel Pramote Prom-in, spokesman of the forward command of the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC), said Wednesday that the CCTV system at Big C managed to record the images of the suspected bombers at two spots.
However, he asked for time for authorities concerned to hunt them down, citing previous records of arrests of suspected bombers.
The spokesman said that most of the injured had been discharged from the hospital, leaving behind about 20 who are hospitalized and, of these, there is a boy who is in serious condition.
A rehabilitation centre has been set up by the provincial administration to help those affected by the bombing incident.
Meanwhile, Big C management issued a statement expressing sorrow over the incident and offering help to affected staff members and shoppers.
Police are still looking for owner of the pick-up truck used as a car bomb. The man, a canvas vendor, has gone missing since he left home in his pick-up truck on Tuesday morning.