Three more suspects were held in military custody Sunday night under suspicion of involvement with the September 22 deadly roadside bomb explosion in Pattani’s Sai Buri district which left four paramilitary rangers dead and five others injured.
Lt-Gen Piyawat Narkvanich, commander of the Fourth Army Region, told the media on Monday that the three suspects were believed to be involved in the deadly bomb attack.
As for the two suspects detained earlier, he said the two men who are construction workers have become more cooperative with the authorities.
None of the five suspects were identified for safety reason.
He went on saying tight security blanket remains in force in Sai Buri district where the bombing incident occurred last week with massive manhunt still ongoing to look for the perpetrators and their supporters.
Lt-Gen Piyawat disclosed that, from now on, the southern militants would not be formally called “those who harbor different opinions” which amounts to treating them with too much respect. But they will be called “bad guys” which is simple and understandable, he said.