3 injured in LPG cylinder explosion in Samut Prakan

Three people, including a girl, were injured when a LPG gas cylinder exploded inside a townhouse in Samut Prakan province on Monday (April 23).

Quoting eyewitness accounts, police said that the houseowner in Poomjai Nives housing estate ordered a LPG gas cylinder to be delivered to the house to replace an old one which has run out of gas.

But as the delivery man was testing whether the new gas cylinder works properly or not after it was connected with the gas stove, the cylinder exploded injuring the delivery man who suffered burns.  Two children who were in the house at the time were also injured.

The force of the explosion also brought down the roof of the house.

Rescue workers who later arrived at the scene rushed to the three injured to the nearest hospital for treatment.

Mr Tassanasak Jiewcharoen, a public disaster prevention and mitigation chief of Klong Bang Plakod Tambon Administration Organization, said he suspected gas leak as the delivery man was testing the gas stove.